Mark Ryan Winery The Chief Board Track Racer 2014
Everyone needs to treat themselves to a date night every now and then. There was no special occasion, other than it happened to be our 5 month anniversary and we both had open evenings in our schedule. We decided to try The Butchers Table, a new steak house in downtown Seattle that we'd heard a lot about. I'm going to admit that this is not a budget friendly dinner or wine, but sometimes you deserve a splurge.
I wanted to pair a red wine with our amazing wagyu steaks. When I noticed a favorite of mine on the menu I had to order the bottle. Mark Ryan is a local winery located in Woodinvile, WA and its vineyard is in Central Washington. The Chief Board Track Racer is a smooth, medium bodied blend. Dark fruits like black cherries and plums. If I could drink this bottle every night, I would. I came for the cool motorcycle label, I stayed for the wine behind the label.
- Wine: Mark Ryan Winery, The Chief Board Track Racer
- Year: 2014
- Region: Red Mountain, Washington
- Blend: 85% Cab Sauv, 10% Merlot, 5% Petit Verdot
- Cost: $27.99 (over budget BUT we needed a decent bottle to pair for an amazing steak)
- Where to Buy: Dined at The Butchers Table, but I've purchased at QFC grocery in the past.